A POSITION OF STRENGTH
Linking to the Future
A Position of Strength
While a rapid shift in crude oil sourcing has taken place along the U.S. Gulf Coast, at the same time there has been inadequate development of additional independent crude oil storage capacity in the Houston market area. Fairway Energy benefits from a strategic location in the world’s energy capital that provides direct access to upstream supply and downstream demand as well as the largest refining capacity in North America. We are the only independent crude oil storage terminal in the greater Houston market and the only salt dome crude oil storage facility in the area. We are the city gate to the future.
As a receipt point for the Permian Basin, Eagle Ford Shale Basin and Canada/Midcontinent, Fairway Energy benefits from a prime position for growth opportunities. Through this strategic location and storage capacity, customers can benefit from better control of crude oil supply logistics, greater efficiency and superior reliability.
The U.S. Gulf Coast is home to 50% of U.S. refining capacity
Storage locations along the U.S. Gulf Coast provide the most flexible means for connecting to the Nation’s commercial oil transport network. To meet growing energy demands, this crude oil can be distributed through interstate pipelines to nearly half of the nation’s crude oil refineries or loaded into ships or barges for transport to other refineries and markets worldwide. With our current 7.5 million barrel storage capacity, Fairway Energy is capable of receiving and delivering over 15,000 barrels per hour, per pipeline.
Extensive Pipeline Connections
Fairway Energy benefits from twin 24 inch bi-directional pipelines with connectivity to Genoa Junction and further on to Speed Junction:
- Genoa Junction Attributes: Major receipt point for Eagle Ford shale, WTI Midland and Canada/Mid-continent crude oil flows represented by the Magellan and Enterprise Products Partners interconnect
- Primary distribution point for refiners in the Texas City and Baytown market areas
- Serves major waterborne terminals in Texas City but throughout Houston
- Speed Junction Attributes: Major distribution hub for deliveries to refineries and marine terminals on the Houston Ship Channel
- Strategic positioning allows Fairway Energy to construct future interconnects directly with crude oil markets, providing logistical solutions to pipeline congestion and complexity of marine movements